Stand Up To Stigma enjoys getting peers together for social outings and explorations. It’s a great opportunity to get to know each other outside of our weekly support groups. Come as you are and come as you feel. The cool part about hanging out with other peers is you’re automatically accepted with no explanations needed.
It’s time for another field trip! Do you like trains? This Saturday we’ll be meeting at Tractor Brewery on 4th Street in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to view AT&SF Locomotive 2926 in action!
New Mexico Heritage Rail is having their second outing for the fully restored historic locomotive. STS peers met at the first 2926 event last spring and we had such a stellar experience we’ll be there again!
What: AT&SF Locomotive 2926 Event
When: 12PM Saturday, August 26, 2023
Where: Tractor Brewery
1800 4th St NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
@ 4th & Hannett
We’ll meet at the tour ticket booth (you aren’t required to purchase a tour) at noon. Parking is curbside on 4th St. and adjoining city streets. 4th St. is closed at the train tracks for the event.
- Jemez Mountains – Let’s escape the heat and go swimming in the beautiful highlands! TBA
- Route 66 v.1 – There’s going to be a lot of these. TBA (weather permitting).
- Railrunner to Santa Fe – The train to Santa Fe is relaxing and air conditioned. TBA
- Sandstone Bluffs, El Malpais National Monument – Great views, great history, and great geology. TBA (weather permitting)
- Petroglyph National Monument – These are regular walks in the national monument on Albuquerque’s West Side. Schedule coming soon.
- Sunday Museums in Albuquerque. Schedule coming soon.
- Old Town Strolling – Hanging out under the big shade trees at the Plaza sounds great. TBA
- Downtown Albuquerque Walking Tour v.1 – There will be many of these guided history tours. TBA
- Rockhounding in New Mexico! Get your Geology Merit Badge!